Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hershey Coming to Town


The Caps announced today that they have called up four players from Heshey, forwards Graham Mink and Chris Bourque, along with defenseman Karl Alzner (finally) and Sami Lepisto. I had a hunch that Alzner and Lepisto would be called up, but the two forwards were a surprise considering the amount of cap space the Caps have. Regardless, Karl Alzner is finally coming to town and that has me very excited. The Caps have touted this guy from the beginning and due to cap space he hasn't played in DC yet, but tonight is the night. Tonight's game should be very entertaining given the new lineup, but I don't think as entertaining as last year's Thrash/Caps pre-Thanksgiving match, a game in which I attended..."Fire Hanlon, Fire Hanlon." Remember? That was the beginnning of the end for Hanlon, who I heard is now selling corn on the cob along various roads throughout the country and the beginning of the beginning...or..uh...something like that for Mr. Bruce Boudreau. Unfortunately I wil not be at tonight's game, which is ashame because I have never been able to see a Hershey Bears game. I may not watch the game tonight either, I need to go brush up on my hockey skills, if the Caps keep going this way they may need to post sign up sheets asking people to volunteer to play a couple games here and there. Good luck Caps...you'll need it.

No comments: