Monday, November 24, 2008

Classic Commercials? Gone.

So as I watched the Caps go down in humiliating defeat to the mighty Sharks this weekend, I was annoyed at something other than their play; the commercials. You know, the same six commercials we have to watch every game. If that Pulte Homes song is a choice at the next karaoke event I go to, I've all but won. Or even worse, that very catchy, but annoying to the point that I would never purchase a Toyota, "Saved By Zero" song by The Fixx, ugh, terrible. Sure, you and your perm danced the night away to new wave back in the day, but it doesn't mix with selling a Toyota. So, I got to thinking, what happened to the good old days of Olie Kolzig and his wife celebrating their anniversary only to have Olie pour the wine down his face like he would his water bottle, or the one where the caps are at the urinal and Ron Wilson is timing them as if he were timing their shifts? Those were the days when you didn't mind watching the Caps look like they were a good minor league team against a powerhouse NHL team. The ones last year where the guys were being examined by a doctor followed by a corny line or two were terrible and this year with Boudreau selling a Mercedes...funny the first time, well,okay, made me smile the first time, but now, I'd rather turn on QVC and make fun of the people trying to sell me something that would change my life. Come on Caps, bring back the good commercials, it would help to keep your viewer's sanity.

No comments: